Worst Covers of 2022

I actually like that cover! Looks like a fun little sketch-style piece.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I donā€™t want to fork money over for a fun little sketch-style piece. I paid for artwork and a story. Just saying! :slight_smile:

Captain America Sentinel of Liberty #1 (Mavroudis Variant)

I actually like it. Reminds me of a 70ā€™s music poster.

It looks like a frilled lizard to me

I like it too and when you really look at it, this took quite the effort to make more than likely.

1 Like

At least he didnā€™t Photoshop this one.

3 Likes

$30? You couldnā€™t pay me $30 to take a copy of that. F that guyā€¦ why is he even still getting work?

7 Likes

What happened to that boardie who loved this Javan Jordan clown/copier?
I guess he gave up :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I actually kind of like that cover. Whatā€™s wrong with me?

Just look at it for a little while longer and realize that the terrible art is being disguised behind a Photoshop emulation of Grand Theft Auto.

Seriously, the guy went out of his way to not draw faces. Oneā€™s in shadow, two are in paper bags.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a nostalgic homage. Thereā€™s always a little pull with those when we recognize something like that.

From what Iā€™ve seen, I think Jordan has gotten really lucky so far by leaning on homages. I get that theyā€™re fun to do, and as much as I think the hundreds of Do You Pooh variants are unbelievably dumb, there is at least talent in their execution. IMO the underlying art of this GTA cover is ā€œthe kid you knew in 7th grade who drew all over his booksā€ level.

I am a sucker for nostalgia.

Fantastic Four #1 Frank Miller variant

Looks like he has a hole in his crotchā€¦

They should make this a puzzle. Donā€™t even have to change anything, just cut where the lines are at!

1 Like

I gonna add my own acetate cover to itā€¦and you know what is going on that coverā€¦

3 Likes

Do itā€¦ and first get it graded by CGC, then sell to retire early!

Not the place you want to be negative spaceā€¦

2 Likes

Frankā€™s been on a kick of crazy crotches these past few years.

Spider-Man #1 isnā€™t much better?
Whatā€™s up with the toes and broken fingers on Spidey?