X-Force 13 Cover A Ghost?

All this talk about Wolverpeens and such, thought I may share this with the fam.

6 Likes

No debates really.

If two books come out same day that have same character and itā€™s a first time ever for the character, actual appearances, then the actual first is the title that precedes the other via story line.

Now, which one the market goes after to make most valuable or desirable, thatā€™s up to wellā€¦ the market. :wink:

No problem man. Just tryna help fellow collectors.

Thereā€™s also the wildcard of IF the issues all sell out and Marvel does a 2nd printing of Wolverine with the new guy on the cover.

Bingo, we have our winner. I am eagerly awaiting who they put on the ncover of X-Men #12 2nd print. Quite a number of firsts in that book.

1 Like

I think all Wolverines issues being reprinted. just ordered the recent ones from you guys. I guarantee 6 is gonna get a reprint. And possibly not the B&W trend they have done for wolverine recent issues.

Whichever one comes first in the alphabet is the true first. Stan Lee told me in a dream.

2 Likes

There was an interesting conversation that talked about first appearances versus first cover appearance. From the point GCG and/or slabbing became a ā€œthingā€, the story doesnā€™t matter as much as it did before first cover became a thing. In the slab, all you get is the picture, and most slabs are chasing the first cover, not necessarily the first appearance. Not sure how to go about the science part of it, but it would be interesting to see the number of slabbed comics of first appearances vs. the number of slabbed comics with first cover appearance, and the value difference. Even if Wolverine #6 is the first appearance, which it probably is, the first cover, X-Force #13, both slabbed, will probably see people chasing after the first cover before the first appearance. (if they are not in the same book obviously). Cool philosophy of the chase, though!

I disagree with this.

I canā€™t think of any instances when first cover (not on first app) is more sought after then first app (excluding incentives of course) off the top of my head.

Kamala khan CM17 2nd is the closest, but thatā€™s still on a cameo prior to her 1st full.

First cover on first app, yes, hence the later print craze. But never say 3rd app first cover.

For a recent example look at punchline. Everyone wants Bats 89 or HA3. Batman 92 first cover is cover price.

Now, Solem is a little different as Wolvie and XForce come out the same day. If Wolvie was 10/7 and XForce 10/14, Wolvie would 100% be THE book.

That was just the conversation; I was just the messenger of that part. :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.comixzone.com/itemdesc.asp?buy=XForce-13-Limit-1-per-customer&ic=AUG200608

https://www.comixzone.com/itemdesc.asp?buy=XForce-13-Coello-Variant-Limit-1-per-customer&ic=AUG200610

1 Like

Canā€™t argue with dream ghosts.

1 Like

F*%^ an Xforce #13 that place you posted had Antithesis #2 cover Aā€™s well they did.:partying_face:

I saw thatā€¦but Iā€™m not convinced itā€™s going to hold value by the tome it gets to my houseā€¦rather look for those in the Wild.

Looks like Midtown just listed their pre-sale copies. I grabbed one of each cover (except the Fortnite variant).

Iā€™m intrigued about Solem becoming Wolverineā€™s next big bad. Hopefully he doesnā€™t fizzle outā€“I feel like Wolvie hasnā€™t had a real grudge-type matchup in a while.

On a related note, X of Swords has been dope so far!

1 Like

Just a heads up that Cover C with Solem + Wolvy was restocked/has been available on TFAW for the past few days now and is still up there.

Picked up a couple since it wasnā€™t limited to 1 per.

1 Like

You can find X-Force #13 at TFAW here.

1 Like

Of course you can still find Solemā€™s first appearance that will be in Wolverine #6 as well at TFAW.

Storywise that is in Wolverine #6. Weā€™ll have to see which one wins out as the more desirable, which will probably be X-Force since people seek out the book with smaller print run and heā€™s on the cover as well.

1 Like

4 Likes

Or always bet on first appearance, 2nd print cover. :+1::wink: btw I really like the unknown comics exclusive X-Force #13 cover. With their buy 2 get 1 free offer I had to add a few of the trade and virgin covers.