Batman 106 vs 108

How come batman 89 is good if cameos don’t count? That usually only applies to Marvel, but not necessarily.

1 Like

Because Punchline is the cameo. She is mega popular especially because of her Joker connections.

1 Like

Hi. As I noted, it is a flawed principle. I wouldn’t mind owning a cameo of Wolverine in IH170 or a projection of Darkseid in Jimmy Olsen, for example. In general, the community seems to respect full rather than cameo first appearances - hence the relative lower interest in 106.

Spot on. If a character gets really big, then cameos can attract high prices.

1 Like

Frankly, they’re both good. And both will be sought after.

I personally go after cameos and first full appearances every time. It’s a no lose situation and hedges your bets.

1 Like

I just hate investing in books that retailers will have piles of that will exceed demand.

FWIW, 106 also has the new-look Scarecrow, if he becomes popular.

3 Likes

On the cover too.

1 Like

I’m with you on that. I don’t like too either.

I’m just speaking in general.

Although, time can solve the over ordered problem and permit growth.

1 Like

Final crisis 7 is Ellis’s first cameo and selling for more than his full appearance with him on the cvr. Is this a bad example for Molly?

He’s on the cover of Final Crisis in the top of the cover and it’s a full appearance

1 Like

The Action comics book is a pump and dump from a spec site that preys on its readers. Sure it’s the better cover but it’s not a first appearance at all.

5 Likes

The perception is manipulated by CGC this time. They are labeling the Action Comics 9 as first full appearance. How exactly they determined that… who even knows?

The only argument against Final Crisis 7 would be that Calvin Harris is not named and it is not clearly mentioned that we are on Earth 23 there.

This is the exact reason why people should ignore the extra details they throw on their labels. They are not any type of overall or overseeing authority of such details in comics. Most of the time they can’t even get the grades right and thats the primary task when sending your book to get “graded”.

6 Likes

Amen to this

According to Bleeding Cool, Batman 106 sold more copies than BRZRKR 1 this week.

…from 5 retailers…

1 Like

I didn’t read the article, but was this in-store purchases were higher for Batman or they ordered more of that themselves versus BRZKR?

(as in, is this telling us that Batman 106 is high print run and hot, just hot, or is it telling us BRZKR is falling flat, etc.)

From the article;

“This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what is known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait till the weekend to get this week’s comics. Though thanks to DC, Tuesday Titans too.”

" Thanks to the following Bleeding Cool Bestseller List retailers…

• [Dr. No’s Comics & Games SuperStore,] Marietta, Georgia
  • [Rodman Comics] Ankeny, Iowa
  • [Ssalefish Comics] Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Concord, North Carolina
  • [Graham Crackers Comics] – 12 eclectic shops in Califonia, Wisconsin, Illinois
  • [Fat Jack’s Comicrypt] Philadelphia, Pennsylvania"
1 Like