I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

It had these instructions inserted.

No character name with the instructions?

Chances are some kid just used them as a bookmark, though. May not otherwise be related.

I have your answer courtesy of U1tramaximus. Once I showed him the Ratbat manual, he shared this.

It’s packed in a Target exclusive figure pack.

3 Likes

Wow. Good sleuthing!

2 Likes

Well there you go. Thank you.

1 Like

Found these in the bacc issue bin a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Away for work and popped into a local comic store, I have been looking for this Lady Mechanika 2nd print for ages. Picked up the She-Hulk to flip and pay for the other 2 books.

8 Likes

When one book pays for the rest of what you bought you’re doing it right!

1 Like

So, yes, I’m contradicting what I just said about shying away from modern comics, but…
I was at a shop who knew my “particular skills” (that all of us here have) relative to digging for keys.
They had a couple new collections and didn’t have time or staff to get through them.
Told me they would take good care of me if I scanned them for the shop & I could take anything I wanted.
This is what I took for myself and they gave them to me for $50 which was fair.
Wasn’t a ton of books, I actually enjoy going through collections & was about an hour of my time. Felt it was fair and some of these issues you definitely don’t see too often.
Feel free to laugh at me for that El Muerto book. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like your assortment!

2 Likes

A few more fun grabs this weekend that did stick to my collection plan.
I love the Phantom Stranger books and this is one of the best imo.

9 Likes

My LCS must have purchased a bronze/copper age collection recently, as I’m finding some decent books I haven’t seen in the bins for a while, particularly popular titles from the 70s/80s.

Heres a few I picked up the other day. ASM Mcfarlane issues. I grabbed a few newsstands in high grade I didn’t already have.

The fantasy masterpieces 4 I always grab if I find it in decent shape for a fair price.

8 Likes

Weekend pickups!

8 Likes

My uncle got me a gift card for my birthday so I went to the LCS and picked up WOTR: NAoA and Wolverine Origins 11 for technically no cost to me

2 Likes

Some nice high grade mag goodness, at least 8.0s & up. I know not quite spec and Conan isn’t exactly as popular like he used to be, but these are undervalued IMO, the cover art is top-level and the interiors by legends like BWS, Wrightson are prime examples of excellent draftsmanship.

Savage Tales 2 + 3 + 5 (not sure but this might be the 1st time Conan teams up w/ a Marvel character)

SSWoC 8 + 13

SSWoC 14 + 15

SSWoC 45 + 74 + 102

9 Likes

my favorite character of all time

1 Like

Gi Joe and Conan were two of the first comics I seriously collected.

2 Likes

For anyone that is interested -

A seller on ebay is offering the first print Transformers 3 pack from 1984 right now and still has a little over twenty available. Mine arrived today and I was very satisfied, I already have it sitting in my press and it is either going to be a 9.6 or 9.8 depending on how lunch went at CGC that afternoon.

The seller ( vincetheprince ) is asking $200 but I offered $170 and he took it. Great deal if you are looking for a high grade Transformers #1

6 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out.
I almost bit the bullet as I only have a CGC 9.2
Seems, though, that he removed the offer availability?
And $20 shipping?

So ultimately, I backed out; albeit barely