New Variant Ratios on TFAW

If it’s older than 90 days, they probably will. Anything under that, likely not.

I get that… but if copies were damaged and it was released a while ago it should be a reasonable request but I guess not. Oh well I’ll just add em to the pile.

I’m liking these 1:10s. Lasher looks nice.

Oh ok 90 days sounds about right.

Yeah, if there’s enough time to go by in the likelihood they won’t get copies due to damages, missing shipment, etc… then they’ll likely budge more than likely.

1 Like

Only posting because mods have commented:
So really what Anthony mentions - ‘name-calling’ (for which specific poster could be warned/blocked, etc.) is NOT THE ONLY reason the ‘Online…’ forum was closed, but also because of some perception from mods that the postings were somehow non-constructive to readers.
Not sure how reporting on late/cancelled orders could be perceived as non-constructive. I DID contact the retailer customer service to address the issues; I dont expect CHU to solve my issues. I shared my online experiences (on ‘Online …’) to help US all understand/share the state of online ordering. On a limb here, I would say the majority of us would benefit from this info, as it would help us adjust our ordering habits, to make sure we get the books we collect/spec. Now if we throw in some insults with these reports, I can see this being non-constructive; moderate away !
BTW, no criticism and still patient, but my TFAW order (shipping notice June 30) has still not shipped. I also have not received my Star Wars JTC variant (as D-rog). On the new variant topic, should I take the chance of ordering new variants from TFAW with an expectation that its delayed/cancelled ? Should I have a back-up plan ?
I think this question/answer would benefit all of us in this topic. I HUGELY appreciate the info that the mods are taking trouble to provide, and dont take it lightly. I am not writing this to ‘poke the bear’. I do not have any bad intentions towards ANY retailer; in fact quite the opposite, I want them all to succeed (as with buyers !). If theres anything non-constructive, in this message, please let me know.

And that doesn’t give you a reason to do what we said not to do, which was to take it offline to PM when discussing policies and rules. We as owners, moderators and admins of the site have every right to make public comments, we wish when we then say take the discussion offline, people would do as we ask.

Take if offline. This is one ongoing issue it seems. If you want to discuss our policies, then take it offline. Our rules actually state:

• The moderators and admins have the right to edit, modify, close, delete posts or topics for any reason (please don’t give us a reason). Reasons may be publicly provided or not, that is left to our discretion.

From: Welcome to the new CHU Forums which everyone agreed to registering. If you didn’t read the rules, then you should and if you don’t agree with them, then you shouldn’t be here. Very simple.

Agree with your bullet point above !

If it hasn’t shipped since June 30 contact CS. Something went wrong with it.

To keep it semi on topic and because this seems to be the topic most people here who ever have issues with TFAW check, when it comes SPECIFICALLY to ratio variants, how long would people prefer things remain on pre-orders when we are shorted/get damages and have no 100% yes or no from Diamond/publishers on replacements? DM me any thoughts.

I know incentives and variants are a different type of purchase for a lot of people than just a random regular issue so it may require some special new rules for waiting, when things are automatically cancelled, when to let people remove something that’s delayed, etc.

As for people posting complaints and stuff, as the person it impacts the most, all I’ll say is that 99% of the time the answer is “contact CS.” Even when people PM me stuff on here, all I do is email CS. We’re all still remote, so I can’t walk down the hall and ask questions or go to the warehouse and see if something is in stock or what status on replacements are. I try to help people when I can, but I AM here as a comics fan not as a support channel. (Which to their credit poyo and Anthony have let me know time and time again I don’t need to respond to people asking for support.)

8 Likes

Thank you for reaching out to the community again.

@RipCityGamer Personally, as long as there is some hope you get replacements, I’m 100% leaving it there. I want the book. Especially incentives.

My only comment would maybe have someone clean up your database from time to time in your system as ive got 7 books from 2020, and 11 more from January to March 2021, that I assume after 4 to 14 months (oldest is May 2020 release) there is no hope on you getting replacements/shortages.

Hope I dont get banned for this response ! :grimacing:

If it hasn’t shipped since June 30 contact CS. Something went wrong with it.

These are the type of insights I’m trying to figure out with respect to my orders. The TFAW CS has not been of any help here. The CHU community discussion, MINUS ANY INSULTS, helps me figure this out, based on the stats posted. I am pretty patient and am OK to wait; just need the book(s) mostly for my collection (maybe some spec). If I see that my chances of getting a book is reduced, I’ll try to get it somewhere else. No harm, no foul, no rant ! I STILL ORDER FROM TFAW !!

To keep it semi on topic and because this seems to be the topic most people here who ever have issues with TFAW check, when it comes SPECIFICALLY to ratio variants, how long would people prefer things remain on pre-orders when we are shorted/get damages and have no 100% yes or no from Diamond/publishers on replacements? DM me any thoughts.

I really dont have any idea of the vendor ordering process, so I would have to depend on the retailer (here TFAW) to help me understand how long is too long to expect a replacement or none. This also applies for ‘regular’ issues, which in many cases are as rare as variants. Right now things are in limbo, and I dont know whether to buy a higher-priced replacement or not. If I do buy it, and TFAW ships the book later (because I cant cancel past FOC, and own this !), I have spent twice. I wont go broke by any means, but if I do this enough times, my wifes going to give me the frowny face :frowning_face:, and I prefer the happy one :grinning:

I know incentives and variants are a different type of purchase for a lot of people than just a random regular issue so it may require some special new rules for waiting, when things are automatically cancelled, when to let people remove something that’s delayed, etc.

Again, I personally think the retailer should have a handle on this for regular and incentive issues. But for me, I need some update, so that, if necessary, it becomes cost effective for me to get an affordable replacement. I buy more regular than variant issues, so for me the status of all books is important.

As for people posting complaints and stuff, as the person it impacts the most, all I’ll say is that 99% of the time the answer is “contact CS.” Even when people PM me stuff on here, all I do is email CS. We’re all still remote, so I can’t walk down the hall and ask questions or go to the warehouse and see if something is in stock or what status on replacements are. I try to help people when I can, but I AM here as a comics fan not as a support channel. (Which to their credit poyo and Anthony have let me know time and time again I don’t need to respond to people asking for support.)

My postings, while could be construed as complaints, were not directed at you, CHU or anyone. I acknowledge some frustration on the status of my orders, and the disappointment with some of the cancellations. I have maybe twice contacted TFAW CS in the last three months, as I dont want to be ‘that guy’, but it was outside the norm of my great past TFAW experiences. Still, as long as I was in the same boat as others, and was receiving my books, I was OK. Its when the books are cancelled that I am very frustrated.
And I agree with the mods, I dont want to bug you here, or the TFAW CS often, about these matters, because as long as I know the status of my order is, I can adjust. I just think some communication in a general way would help alleviate a lot of concerns for the TFAW ordering community, which is quite popular as you are aware.

I personally, am not questioning any rules on CHU or anywhere, and when I have posted it is with a reason behind it. I have never personally insulted anyone or any retailer. I hope I am voicing what a lot of the community is feeling, in a constructive, non-insulting, positive way.

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks like the variants have been added. Sadly, many seem to be already sold out :frowning:

There are a ton of 1:25 variants. happy hunting.
https://www.tfaw.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=1+25

1 Like

Missed out on the ones I wanted - the Moon Knight and the Radiant Black looked sweet !

I’ve seen almost no bad Moon Knight covers, ever. Most of his covers are awesome.

3 Likes

Hope this is ok and I did it right please let me know if I shouldn’t do this or I am doing wrong but here is what I found.

Buffy the Slayer #29 (Cover C - 10 Copy Frany)

10 Years to Death One Shot (Cover B - Gaydos Variant 10 Copy)

Almost American #1 (Cover B - Juan Doe Variant 15 Copy)

Army of Darkness 1979 #1 (Cover F - 10 Copy Suydam B&W)

Army of Darkness 1979 #1 (Cover G - 15 Copy Sayger B&W)

Army of Darkness 1979 #1 (Cover H - 20 Copy Yoon B&W)

Army of Darkness 1979 #1 (Cover J - 35 Copy Suydam Blood)

Army of Darkness 1979 #1 (Cover L - 50 Copy Alexander Blood)

Basilisk #4 (Cover C - 25 Copy Albuquerque)

Basilisk #4 (Cover D - 50 Copy Shalvey)

Bermuda #3 (of 4) (Cover B - 10 Copy Bradshaw)

Brzrkr #5 (of 12) (Cover E - 25 Copy Shalvey)

Brzrkr #5 (of 12) (Cover F - 50 Copy Camuncoli)

Brzrkr #5 (of 12) (Cover G - 100 Copy Shalvey)

Brzrkr #5 (of 12) (Cover H - 150 Copy)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #29 (Cover C - 10 Copy Frany)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #29 (Cover D - 25 Copy Roe)

Canto III Lionhearted #3 (of 6) (Cover B - 10 Copy Wolski)

Dark Blood #3 (of 6) (Cover C - 10 Copy De Landro)

Dark Blood #3 (of 6) (Cover D - 25 Copy Ward)*

Eat the Rich #2 (of 5) (Cover D - 25 Copy Llovet)

GI Joe A Real American Hero #286 (Cover C - 10 Copy Royle)

George RR Martin A Clash of Kings #15 (10 Copy Rubi Virgin Variant)

Godkiller Spiderland #1 (Cover B - 15 Copy Muckracker)

Godkiller Spiderland #1 (Cover C - 30 Copy Llovet)

Godzilla Rivals vs Mothra (Cover B - 10 Copy Veregge)

Good Luck #4 (of 5) (Cover B - 25 Copy Meyers)

Gun Honey #1 (of 4) (Cover F - 10 Copy Sienkiewicz Virgin)

Gun Honey #1 (of 4) (Cover G - 25 Copy Sienkiewicz Pink Wash Virg)

He Who Fights With Monsters #1 (Cover F - 10 Copy Delledera Virgin)

He Who Fights With Monsters #1 (Cover G - 20 Copy Glow in Dark)

He Who Fights With Monsters #1 (Cover H - 30 Copy Jae Lee Virgin)

He Who Fights With Monsters #1 (Cover I - 40 Copy Lee Glow Dark)

He Who Fights With Monsters #1 (Cover J - 50 Copy Lee Line Art)

Impossible Jones #1 (of 4) (Cover B - 10 Copy Unlocked)

Intrusion One Shot (Cover B - 10 Copy Lorenzana)

Lady Death Treacherous Infamy #2 (of 2) (Cover E - 10 Copy Elite)

Magic the Gathering #6 (Cover D - 10 Copy Guara)

Magic the Gathering #6 (Cover E - 25 Copy Ward)

Magic the Gathering #6 (Cover E - 25 Copy Ward)

Magic the Gathering #6 (Cover F - 50 Copy Ward)

Mamo #3 (of 5) (Cover B - 10 Copy Nguyen)

Maria Llovets Porcelain #2 (Cover E - 10 Copy Sabine Rich Virgin)

Maria Llovets Porcelain #2 (Cover F - 20 Copy Li Virgin)

Maria Llovets Porcelain #2 (Cover G - 30 Copy Llovet Virgin)

Maw #1 (of 5) (Cover D - 10 Copy Turrill)

Maw #1 (of 5) (Cover E - 25 Copy Kristantina)

Mighty Morphin #11 (Cover C - 10 Copy Lee)

Mighty Morphin #11 (Cover D - 15 Copy Carlini)

Mighty Morphin #11 (Cover E - 25 Copy Montes)

Mighty Morphin #11 (Cover G - FOC Reveal 10 Copy)

Mullet Cop #1 (Cover B - 10 Copy Unlocked)

Night of the Cadillacs #1 (of 2) (Cover B - 25 Copy Unlocked)

Ninjas & Robots #11 (Cover D - 5 Copy Dongarra)

Nocterra #2 (Cover E - 100 Copy Daniel B&W Virgin Variant)

Once & Future #20 (Cover B - 10 Copy Mora)

Once & Future #20 (Cover C - 25 Copy Sook)

Power Rangers #11 (Cover C - 10 Copy Parel)

Power Rangers #11 (Cover D - 15 Copy Di Nicuolo)

Power Rangers #11 (Cover E - 25 Copy Gonzales)

Power Rangers #11 (Cover G - FOC Reveal 10 Copy)

Primordial #1 (of 6) (Cover F - 25 Copy Virgin)

Primordial #1 (of 6) (Cover G - 50 Copy Raw Virgin B&W)

Primordial #1 (of 6) (Cover H - 75 Copy Moon Footprint)

Primordial #1 (of 6) (Cover I - 100 Copy Lemire)

Radiant Black #8 (Cover C - 25 Copy Kirkham)

Seven Secrets #12 (Cover C - 10 Copy Mercado)

Something Is Killing the Children #20 (Cover C - 25 Copy Schiti)

Sonic the Hedgehog #45 (Cover C - 10 Copy Fourdraine)

Star Wars Adv Ghost Vaders Castle #1 (of 5) (Cover C - 10 Copy Francavilla)

Star Wars Adv Ghost Vaders Castle #2 (of 5) (Cover C - 10 Copy Francavilla)

Star Wars High Republic Adventures #8 (Cover B - 10 Copy Kyriazis)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ongoing #121 (Cover C - 10 Copy Alleyne)

3 Likes

PumperDumper! You haven’t posted for awhile. Hope you’re well.

Hello Mr. Bitterbaum. Thank you. I am well. Returned to work after a brief (not covid) medical hiatus. Was out for a little bit but hoping to be back active again.

4 Likes

If only I could get some of the variants …