Online Comic Store Report Card

I just like paying upfront so I know exactly what I’m paying for. Also, Westfield (who I preorder some stuff from) ships stuff fast, never a delay from processing. Other stores I order stuff from online who have items that are coming out that week get stuff to me nice and quickly too. TFAW is just too slow for me and suddenly being charged for stuff when it finally is ready is a major turn-off for me. I just prefer dealing with Westfield and my local shops for stuff coming out later and for stuff that is more immediate I have other stores I like too online and locally. Not hating on TFAW, I just find it isn’t for me anymore. I appreciate they answer questions and provide updates here tho, that is nice of them.

5 Likes

That’s the thing, TFAW has been charging for pre-orders at time of processing since forever. It’s nothing new. Why is it a problem all of a sudden now? Oh because someone got caught without funds and got charged overdraft fees… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Bullshit. If this was any other retailer that processed your pre-orders on shit that’s locked in… I’d have the same response and opinion on the matter.

I don’t have all the same issues some are griping about when it comes to TFAW but I’ve had my gripes in the past before.

I guess if you’re unhappy with a retailer, stop using them but no reason to keep beating the dead horse with all the same whining and griping.

I’m closing this topic. When someone calls the admin/moderator a “pathetic asskissing clown” because they don’t share the same view and opinion on a subject matter as the member getting personal, that’s just getting petty, pathetic and immature. You have some real serious anger issues if you take anything to a personal level because I or anyone else don’t agree with your opinion.

This online comic store report card topic has turned into nothing but a big negative shit show. So no more. If you got issues with a retailer, in person or online, take it up with the store themselves. No good comes out of shitting on them here.

Thanks and have a good day.

Also, calling the admin/moderator names is the best way to lose access without any warning.

complaint

4 Likes

New rules when you come here to review a retailer (primarily when it comes to criticism of the retailer):

1. If leaving a negative experience, please post the review with constructive criticism.
  2. Do not leave a review if you’re just here to blow off steam, rant, vent or simply bad mouth the retailer.
  3. If you’re here to dispute an actual issue with a retailer, contact their customer service department first before leaving your review here. That’s part of the overall experience when you have an issue with them.
  4. If it helps, use the :star: emoji to rate retailers or the specific experience. Perhaps 0 Stars for Worse and 5 Stars as best.
  5. All of our other rules/guidelines and TOS still apply as well.

If you have any other suggestions to make these reviews stand out and not become a drawn out soap box gripes, please feel free to suggest ideas.

2 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star: MYCOMICSHOP
:star::star::star::star::star: UNKNOWN COMICS
:star::star::star::star::star: G-MART
:star::star::star::star::star: WESTFIELD
:star::star::star::star::star: ZX6COLLECTIBLES
:star::star::star: MIDTOWN
:star: TFAW

4 Likes

All those places suck

That’s not being constructive. Edit with actual constructive criticism from your own experience or it gets deleted @Alana

For all you wanting this topic back open and begged for it to be reopened, that right there is only going to get this closed again. Second comment after its reopened and it’s already going down the wrong rabbit shit hole.

Maybe we should close it again for another few weeks or months? If you can’t act like an adult with your responses then just don’t post in this topic.

Sorry Poyo, but the blunt delivery made me laugh

Maybe so but let’s make this an actual “Online Comic Store Report Card”… just blurting out… “Those places suck” is the complete opposite of what we’re trying to achieve now.

If you come in here and the only thing you got to say is… “Retailer XYZ sucks!!!” then you’re just a attention crying whiny baby… you probably deserved to be punished by the retailer who did you wrong! The only time you should use the word “sucks” as a review is if you are on a vacuum cleaner review website… :wink:

1 Like

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:Collector’s Paradise

Package Contents for order:
5 signed books in 1 bag and board
5 signed books in 1 bag and board
3 sketches in separate bag and board

Condition:
All NM

Problems:
1 book was an incorrect book

Solutions:
They send me correct book and let me keep incorrect book.

4 Likes

Get a load of this; Forbidden Planet;

I put in a sizeable order on June 24th. I replied to their email about agreeing to their egregious shipping charges (almost $100).

The order was shipped by them, but there is no tracking as they said that international doesn’t have tracking. Ughhhh…ok.

I just received an email that my whole order was cancelled and will be refunded. They also said to ignore the previous email on June 24th that my order has been “despatched”. Their reason; Their courier company does not recognize PO Boxes as a valid address. Really? I actually included the physical address as well.

Almost 30 days…and a confirmation of items being shipped. …but strangely cancelled.

This piece of shit company could at least send me a thank you card for the interest free loan.

6 Likes

Forbidden Planet sounds like a 1 star :thinking:?

2 Likes

An update on my last TFAW order that had some damages. TFAW couldn’t replace the damages but issued a refund and of course I kept the books.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna toss ole DCBS a 1 star at this point. Sad, as they used to be a 4-5 star source for me.
Horrible communication, poorly organized, bad practices.
They recently put up pre-orders for all the new Stray Dog printings (including the 5th print variant which was $10). I ordered them and all went through, they charged my card up front (no biggie).
Today I get an email saying they won’t get them, order cancelled, and they will issue a “credit” to my account?.
Ummm…no…give me refund then. I don’t want a credit when I don’t have any further orders other than one from last Feb not yet fulfilled.
They don’t even have phone communication so I’m sure I’ll never hear back.
I can’t believe the downturn they took.

4 Likes

That’s when you just do a dispute on the credit card to get their attention.

2 Likes

I used to love DCBS as well, scored a ton of ratio incentives in the past for super cheap and made a lot of money selling them. Unfortunately I think distributing DC comics is their main focus now. And no phone communication always bugged me about them as well.

4 Likes