So, what is the smart play on Punchline?

4 Likes

@bhavhandi OMG that is funny. Something only nerds can truly appreciate.

@agentpoyo stopped at my (1st) LCS at opening. It was me and another guy. He was first in line and a regular, but we both headed to the Batman rack. There was only one copy of HA3, and he passed on it. I snatched it but still asked him if he had accidentally missed it as it was in an inconspicuous spot. He said he has it in his pull, so he’s good.

A guy comes in immediately following. Another regular who’s not a flipper (I’ve chatted with him a few times before and he has a pull list with the shop…he totally man handles comics so definitely a reader first). He’s disappointed that there’s no more HA3s on the rack, so I tell him if I have one in my pull he can have the one I’m holding.

Sure enough i had a copy waiting for me so I handed the single shelf copy off to him, he sincerely thanked me and I told him to have a great day.

Done my good deed for the day. I have one more shop to visit…hoping they have a copy waiting for me in my pull, but i doubt they’ll have extras on the shelf by the time I get there this afternoon.

2 Likes

The $35 are all sold out now. The cheapest listing now is $37.99 with free shipping.

And sold already!

I sold my two copies of cover B this morning for $90 shipped. So I’m backing out for a while and now my attention is on BM 90.

Batman #90 Cover A :slight_smile:

A new listing at $34.99 + $3.99 shipping, lowest BIN currently. Only two left…

Certainly seems like anything under $39.99 sells out quickly while plenty copies are sitting at $39.99 or more are kind of stagnant…

With the Stock Market tanking lately, Punchline is the New Black … :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Mr. Poyo … how about a scrolling stock type graphic that would have a graph line that went up and down as soon as pricing got updated … ??

Now that I’m thinking about it, that would be pretty cool … even an app … hey, it’s a money making opportunity …

On a side note, I had a group of regulars in earlier, we were shooting the breeze over Punchline, etc … I ended the discussion with my usual comment “It’s the Comic Stock Market these days …” :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

That’s funny cause I was chatting with @anthony this morning about how cool it would be if I was more of a developer to create a comic stock ticker that tracks particular books value in real time…

1 Like

Just FYI as well. This morning when I started watching listings… it was around the 160 total. Just now a refresh bumped it to 193 active listings (do note, this is also pulling 2nd print listings but those don’t seem to have changed much in totals from a quick tally count I did).

$105 in sales today for three books I paid $20 for. That’s how you play the comic book stock market boys.

I could easily double that…but gotta diversify and hold on to some stock for a rainy day…

1 Like

Great Minds and all that … :vulcan_salute:

Steve Miller says "Go on, take the money and run … " … :vulcan_salute:

A fellow regular at my main LCS called me yesterday looking for a copy. I was able to direct him to one of my honey holes that are shops with limits on new books. He has informed me today he was able to reserve the last copy of HA3 at the shop I told him about. It’s always nice to help a fellow collector out. It always seems to come back in spades.
I came across a nice silver age key today at my LCS. It’s in the 4.5 range (I think/hope, lol) but it’s a super key, with a good price, and I want it in my collection. I reserved it and am going back to pay cash and pick it up on the weekend. I’ll post pics when I have it in hand.

Just happened to see a few Thor #2s…so I grabbed one and threw it up on eBay for $15…sold a few hours later.

Some days you just have the Midas touch…wish I had bought a few lotto tickets…

Lowest price I’ve seen today at $30 + shipping.

I was able to get Batman 89 (and HA 3) after all from the online retailer I mentioned had screwed me. They came through, so I’m glad I didn’t name them.

This is insane. I cannot believe that HA 3 is commanding so many high prices, since it isn’t technically the first after B 89, and also everyone had a week to prepare. It shows how flawed the hobby is, if everyone is on the same scavenger hunt if a book becomes hot anytime between final cut off and release. At this point I’m glad DC sent out that press release… but then again if they hadn’t, no one might’ve cared about Punchline lol!

In another 3 months nobody might not care as well…

1 Like