Star Wars: Crimson Reign

I posted the art for this over in the FOC Mega Topic, but here’s Darth Vader 19 with trade dress:

2 Likes

Star Wars Darth Vader #19 (Dauterman Variant)

Star Wars #19 Sprouse:

1 Like

Props to those artist who can draw spaceships. I’ve been drawing a hammerhead corvette raming into a star destroyer and I just finished the pencils about 2 days ago. It took me almost 3 months to do it. I think it will be my first and last time drawing one. To many measurements lol.

3 Likes

That sounds awesome! But also exhausting. Care to post? Do we have a user art thread on CHU?

1 Like

Yes we do: Calling All Artist

2 Likes

okay so that’s dope. I’m gonna have to dig up some old sketches and post there too.

2 Likes

One of the things I enjoy about Star Wars is that the droids maybe (do?) have more personality than the humans/other characters. That took some doing, since some of them don’t even use words.

1 Like

Are they making it “limited” by destroying copies? Haha…

Probably. This one might overcome my skepticism because their first High Republic exclusive is still selling for bonkers dollars and this issue is supposed to have at least one first appearance in it.

I made an easy $500 from one of the two sets of their #1 I bought. Right now I think their exclusives are hit or miss. I really haven’t checked prices lately. This one looks pretty good. Might be able to make a few bucks off it.

1 Like

Bounty Hunters 19 Sprouse 50th variant

Behold the Millennium Guitar Pick.

5 Likes

Charles Soule will be signing Crimson Reign #1 at Midtown on December 8, 2021. Expect copies to be available on their website soon thereafter.

https://www.facebook.com/events/905925466713156/

2 Likes

I’ve seen inside this week’s Crimson Reign #1. Here’s some heads up on things that we didn’t already know from the previews:

1. Chanath Cha plays a large role in the issue along with the brand new character Sear and what looks to be the droid standing next to the Archivist in War of the Bounty Hunters 5. Chanath Cha first appeared in Lando 2 (2015) and first cover Lando 4. Crimson Reign 1 is first full appearance of Archivist, Sear, and this droid. War of the Bounty Hunters 5 was their first cameo.

2. Imara Vex makes his/her first full appearance after the cameo in War of the Bounty Hunters 5. This character is one of the playable characters in the new Star Wars Hunters game.

3. Gyuti, one of the main leaders of Black Sun, shows up again. Not a first, but looks like he’s remaining relevant for now. He made a first cameo in Doctor Aphra 11 (2020) then full appearance in 12.

4. Finally, we get an unmasked Deathstick. This won’t be a big reveal for those who have read up on her backstory, but might be for the casual Star Wars comic reader.

12 Likes

Oooo sounds like it could be a winner!

1 Like

Issue #2 Rahzzah connecting cover:

As connected with issue #1:

One of the new Knights of Ren (as yet unnamed) on the cover (seated). Could be first cover, but we’ve got a lot of unrevealed covers between today and February.

2 Likes