Star Wars: The High Republic

More power to tfaw then.
However, I believe your example to be that of an exception, and not the rule.

I havenā€™t dug into vol.2 yet, but Iā€™ve collected, and read, her entire catalogue. Volume 1 was a fun read. Chelli Aphra is a great character.
Reading the books is a speculators best tool.:stars:

https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/aphra-vol-1-potential-spec-plays/986/13

1 Like

It was sold out last nightā€¦I forgot and
Checked around 8pm. But I have it pulled at my LCS and two from comixzone (theyā€™re sold out now too).

U asked for an example, i provided one :grin:

Doctor Aphra still up at TOSS.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Picked up 3 copies

1 Like

Sold out.

Maybe Aphra deserves her own threadā€¦? Who here is an Aphra guru? @Alana? Would rather it be started by someone more knowledge than I.

I will say Iā€™ve been slyly picking up back issues for less than coverā€¦many times $1ā€¦in building a run.

I did the same with Moon Girl.

2 Likes

Iā€™m always on the lookout for the Doctorā€¦ however, I am not a guru by any sorts!

We have another post with a bunch of good Aphra specific keys listed out. Maybe that just needs to be retitled as it didnā€™t start out about Aphra.

I asked my shop about the 7 1:25. They hardly order any as it never sells. Seems like the right time to grab the needed issues.

https://comicbookrelief.com/353362Star-Wars-Doctor-Aphra-%237/

Iā€™m not a big fan of this shopā€¦I think they may ship in flimsy mailersā€¦but they have 2 left. I think they limit you to one each (not sure if thatā€™s just for new releases).

But it came up as free shipping and no taxā€¦so cheaper than driving to my LCS!

So have at it if you like to gambleā€¦

The 1:25 is selling well over ratio on the bay. I checked my lcs new release video today and they didnā€™t have many of issue 7 at all. Like most other shops, star wars doesnā€™t really sell for them

Iā€™ve been picking up a copy of issue #3, that imperial officer cover, that Hera cover each time I go to one particular LCS. He keeps one copy of each in his back issue bins and replaces it every time I buy it. So, the next time I just grab that one. Slowly but surely accumulating a stockpile of Aphra.

I can tag team Aphra spec with @Alana be happy to.

:point_up:ā€¦Sana Starrosā€™ 1st appearance seems to be seeing some heat now. SW#4. :eyes:

1 Like

Sweet. I actually loaded up on that book long ago. I think I got them for like 60% off on one of those Midtown Sales so I only paid a few bucks per issue and bought like 10 or 12 of them. Maybe now I can unloadā€¦

Ughā€¦I guess they didnā€™t want to ship for freeā€¦

ā€œIā€™m sorry, when we went to pull your item(s) they could not be found and are not available anymore. We are sorry for the incorrect information on our web site. You PayPal or credit card authorization has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you
Mike
Comic Reliefā€

1 Like

I saw the free shipping and the regular shipping and picked the regular one figuring the free one was a mistake (or for in-store pickup). Just got my email that it was processing.

1 Like

@Brendon Iā€™m very confused. What time did you place your order? Was it today?

As the email stated belowā€¦they told me they had no copies. So I hope that wast a lie just so they didnā€™t have to honor free shipping. I would have paid for shipping if they admitted it was a mistake.

I think thatā€™s called good karma!