WandaVision

I was probably ten years old when I was using my old Commodore to dial up to BBS’ and play a game online called ‘Trade Wars’. I had to play late in the evening, as it was the only time where I could hog the landline for an hour or so, in order to dial up to the BBS. That would have been '88/'89ish.

I grew up in the 80’s. My family opted for the Atari 800 instead of the Commodore 64. We never had a modem, but I remember it was definitely an option for the Atari 800 so I assume Commodore 64’s would have also had that option as well. I know universities were using email in the 80’s so it stands to reason that some businesses would have been using it, too.

What’s up with people saying they’re thinking now its Chthon?

Because a speculator gave a theory
… and then Key Collector posted the theory and that’s how babies are made. LoL. Nah the speculation is cool and from Gary nesser hes usually on point and it’s just a theory which we ALL do. I just hate the fact Key Collector takes these and posts them which has the new collectors and the fomo collectors rushing to buy and post on FB and BOOM we’re here.

4 Likes

I had to laugh as I started going through varied Scarlet Witch spec type books last week and #186 sort of jumped to the top of my own list (in terms of cheap books to grab). Honestly, not because of Chthon but because of the plot/elements of the relationship between Wanda and her brother/mother in the issue. It also has a darn nice cover to boot.

I didn’t have it, but found a couple cheap on Amazon in the VF range so I bought them. Was great timing as now they are all moving and not as cheap.

I mentioned Chthon as a possibility a year and a half ago.

4 Likes

Man I bought so many comics off that post you made!

1 Like

@jcLu Just awesome man! That was a heck of a write up! I’m not sure I was even on the forums yet at that point.

I would love to see things happen like you indicated. I love the mystical and horror stuff/comics!

1 Like

Just a cool detail

3 Likes

Yeah, I had the Atari 800 as well. Loved it. Still have it! I never had the modem though
I remember someone telling me it could play games over it but I didn’t know it could send e-mails back then. I didn’t pay much attention to online communication until the mid 90’s. The things you learn.

2 Likes

We had an Atari 800. Seemed like we were the only ones at the time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh man… those bring back the days before the “World Wide Web” really took off… I use to dial into my friends computer so we could play Scorched Earth against one another… The funny thing is, his house was directly behind mine separated by a creek and our fences. If we weren’t playing each other with games over our dial in connections, we were playing real life scorched earth by chunking rotten fruit from my pear tree at each other in the backyards…

3 Likes

I didn’t know anyone else who at one either. I was always jealous of the kids with the Commodore 64. It seems they were always make bootleg copies of games for each other and I was stuck with my 4 or 5 games.

1 Like

I got my Atari 800 when Atari was still king but that changed and by 87 or so everyone who didn’t want an NES to game on was switching the the C64. Atari had a good run though.

1 Like

I remember having probably twenty different games for it.

I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere, but doesn’t the new/old Pierrot ask “who’s the popsicle?” In reference to Vision? He should know who Vision is from Age of Ultron, or do his memories only go back to when he got to Westview (resurrected?) like Vision? Or he doesn’t know him because he is Quicksilver from the X universe where there is no Vision? Everyone seems to know Wanda, though.

*Pietro

I am normies

I’m not more too. I come here and make a gentle suggestion, but as soon as somebody sounding a whiff more authoritative comes by I’m just; “I’m out! Call me when Star Wars comes up again!”

3 Likes